live vote result west bengaL|municipal election results in west bengal 2022|rajpur sonarpur municipality election result|panihati municipality election 2022|west bengal election commission result|west bengal election counting live: The ruling Trinamool Congress has bagged 12 of the 107 municipalities. These include all the five civic bodies in Birbhum, two in South 24 Parganas and five in Coochbehar district. The ruling party was leading in 34 other bodies, an SEC official told PTI. Though the Congress, Left Front and BJP are yet to win a civic body, the parties have won a few wards in towns.
The West Bengal State Election Commission (SEC) is counting the votes for 108 civic bodies today (Wednesday), which saw a 77 per cent turnout. Reports of intimidation allegedly by the TMC workers, electoral malpractices and attack on journalists emerged from various parts of the state during the polling day. The BJP, meanwhile, has demanded a repoll. On Monday, the party had called for a 12-hour strike in the state against the civic poll violence and alleged electoral malpractices — a charge denied by the ruling TMC.
West Bengal Civic Poll Results 2022
West Bengal Municipal Election Results 2022 Live updates: The polls were held on February 27 with nearly 95 lakh people exercising their franchise to decide the fate of more than 8,000 candidates.The counting of votes for West Bengal civic polls in underway. The polls were held on February 27 with nearly 95 lakh people exercising their franchise to decide the fate of more than 8,000 candidates.
The top contenders were the ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC), the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the CPIM-led Left Front and Congress.The ruling Trinamool Congress previously emerged victorious in all five civic bodies in recent elections, including the high-profile Kolkata Municipal Corporation.The West Bengal civic polls were marked by sporadic incidents, ranging from ransacking of a polling booth to attacks on policemen.
West Bengal Civic Body Polls Result 2022 Live Updates:
TMC wins 102 of 108 municipalities
TMC wins 102 of 108 municipalities in West Bengal civic body polls, PTI reports quoting the state election commission official.
TMC wins 12 municipalities, leads in 34
The ruling Trinamool Congress has bagged 12 of the 107 municipalities. These include all the five civic bodies in Birbhum, two in South 24 Parganas and five in Coochbehar district. The ruling party was leading in 34 other bodies, an SEC official told PTI.
In a surprising win, Humro Party bags Darjeeling Municipality
In a surprise for all, the newly-formed Humro Party has won the Darjeeling Municipality.
West Bengal Municipal Election 2022 result: Trinamool Congress has taken early leads in Mekhliganj and Mathabhanga municipalities and Raghunathpur Municipality.
- In Kanthi Municipality, TMC has won 18 out of 21 wards.
- Krishnendu Choudhary wins English Bazar polls.
- Of the total 108 municipal corporations, TMC has registered victory on 36 municipalities.
- In North Bengal, which is considered a stronghold of the BJP, TMC has bagged 15 seats so far.
- Mamata’s TMC is also leading in Kanthi Municipal Corporation— a stronghold of BJP’s Suvendu Adhikari.
Here are some key updates:
Municipality-level leads/results at the moment
Left Front: 0
* Mamata Banerjee’s party wins Kharagpur municipality. The ruling party also won all 22 wards in Bolpur.
* Meghna Mitra, daughter-in-law of former state minister Madan Mitra, has won from Kamarhati.
* Hamro Party won 16 wards in Darjeeling. Darjeeling municipality was occupied by Hamro Party
* Trinamool has won in over 70 municipalities. Trinamool has gained control of Naihati, Halishahar, Ghatal, Kanthi, Navadwip and Baranagar municipalities.
* Other key municipalities where TMC has won include Falakata, Alipurduar, Jiaganj-Azimganj, Ashoknagar-Kalyangarh, Beldanga, Jalpaiguri, Daihat, Tarkeshwar and Diamond Harbor
* Trinamool has won all 5 municipalities in Birbhum.
* In Jhalda municipality of Purulia, TMC and the Congress have won five wards each. Others have won two wards.
According to the State Election Commission, over 78 per cent of voters exercised their franchise at over 12,000 polling booths. Around 95.6 lakh voters were eligible to cast votes in the 2022 municipal elections.
The counting of votes will decide on the fate of 8,160 candidates at the 2276 wards. Voting was not held in 103 wards as the ruling Trinamool Congress had won most of these seats uncontested. The ruling party is waging the electoral battle against the BJP, CPI-Marxist-led Left Front and the Congress.
While the ruling Trinamool Congress swept the Opposition aside in the recently-held civic polls, the main opposition BJP is looking to further widen its support base and establish itself. The other two contenders — the CPI-M and the Congress — are hoping to revive their political fortunes in the state through the local polls.
The SEC data shows that out of the 8160 candidates in the fray, Trinamool Congress had the most (2,258) followed by the BJP (2,021) and CPI-Marxist (1,588). The Congress had fielded 965 candidates while 843 candidates are independents. The remaining parties in the fray include Forward Block (117), CPI (99), RSP (76), BSP(30), NCP (2) and Others (158) candidates.
West Bengal Election Result Live Today
|Party||Symbol||Leading / Won||Winner|
|All India Forward Bloc||AIFB||0||4|
|All India Trinamool Congress||AITC||0||1870|
|Bahujan Samaj Party||BSP||0||0|
|Bharatiya Janata Party||BJP||0||63|
|Communist Party of India||CPI||0||3|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||CPI(M)||1||47|
|Indian National Congress||INC||0||59|
|Nationalist Congress Party||NCP||0||0|
|National People’s Party||NPP||0||0|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||RSP||0||1|
|Yet to declared||Undeclared||1|