West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday announced that her government will give 9.5 lakh tablets to higher secondary students to attend online classes.Speaking to journalists at the State Secretarait Ms. Banerjee said, “There are about 14,000 State-run and State-aided higher secondary schools in the State. We will provide tablets to each and every student.”Schools and higher education institutions are still closed due to COVID-19, and the announcement comes months before Assembly polls in the State.
The West Bengal Govt’s decision to provide students of Higher Secondary schools with tablet devices was announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. Interacting with Govt Employee’s Federation at Nabanna on Thrusday, Ms Banerjee said that “There are around 14,000 government and government-aided schools and 636 madrasas where approximately 9.5 lakh students will sit for the higher secondary examination this year.
WB Free Tablet Scheme
We (state government) will give tablets to 9.5 lakh students of all state-aided Higher Secondary schools and Madrasas. There are nearly 14,000 state-aided Higher Secondary schools and 636 government-funded Madrasas. Every student will get the tablets so that they can follow the online classes,” the chief minister said at a press conference held at the state secretariat Nabanna.A senior official in the state school education department said after the announcement that students studying in Class XII in the state-aided higher secondary schools and the Madrasas will get the free tablets.
An Overview of WB Free Tablet Distribution Scheme
Below is the overview of WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022 as announced by CM Mamata Banerjee
|Name of Scheme||WB Free Tablet Scheme|
|in English Language||
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
|Announced by||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Beneficiaries||12th students of govt. / govt. aided schools / madrasas|
|Major Benefit||Free 9.5 lakh smartphones to school students of class 12|
|Scheme Objective||Providing smartphones for free|
|Scheme under||State government|
|Name of State||West Bengal|
|Post Category||Scheme / Yojana|
|Official Website||Not available|
Objective Of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022
The main objective of the scheme is to provide online education to all of the students who are not able to get it because of poverty. The Chief Minister of West Bengal State is also providing a lot of other benefits to the residents of the region. Because of the upcoming assembly elections, the Government is planning to release a series of expansion plans to some top IT firms in West Bengal State. The government also provided 20 proposals to set up IT offices in the Bengal silicon valley hub. A 3000 crore investment will take place to provide IT facilities to the residents of West Bengal State.
Benefits Of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022
- There are many benefits which will provide to the people under this scheme launched by the Chief Minister of West Bengal. In this scheme, around 9.5 lakh students will be getting the free tablets.
- 36000 Government and Government Aided secondary schools will be provided to the facility.
- 14000 higher secondary schools and more than 600 madrasas will be provided with the benefit of this scheme.
- The tabs will be provided to the students for a lifetime and the students will be able to get education till their graduation through these facilities.
- The Chief Minister is also providing other benefits including a difference dearness allowance for State Government employees from the upcoming month of January 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for WB Free Tab Scheme 2022
- Applicant must be a resident of West Bengal state.
- He / She must be studying in any of the government / govt. aided school or madrasas.
- Candidate must be studying in class 12th.
- The annual income of the family of the applicant from all sources must not exceed Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
- The applicant must be cleared in all his previous attended examinations i.e he / she must not have backlogs.
List of Documents for WB Free Tabs Scheme
Here is the complete list of documents for WB Free Tabs Scheme 2022:-
- Aadhar Card
- School ID Card
- Residence Certificate
- Mobile number
- Recent Passport size photograph
WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022 Online Apply
To get tablet free of cost, each of the student in govt. / aided school or madrasa may have to fill registration form for tab at the https://wb.gov.in/ or at a new dedicated portal.