the urban learning internship program”tulip the urban learning internship program”tulip internship”tulip program”
The Centre, on Thursday, launched an urban learning internship programme TULIP for fresh engineering graduates, who will get an opportunity to work for 4,400 urban local bodies and 100 smart cities in the country.Housing and Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ jointly launched an online portal of The Urban Learning Internship Programme, which will allow applicants internship for up to one year in areas like urban planning, financing, environmental engineering, sanitation and infrastructure.
The Urban Learning Internship Programme (TULIP) to provide internship opportunities to thousands of fresh graduates and engineers of the county under the ‘Smart City’ projects.The TULIP portal has been developed by AICTE. Under the internship programme students will get to work for 100 smart cities under ministry of housing and urban development. According to the TULIP portal, there are a total of 295,200 internships under 23,970 companies.
Tulip Urban Learning Internship Program
TULIP the government aims to fulfill twin goals of providing interns with hands-on learning experience as well as infusing fresh energy and ideas in the functioning of India’s ULBs and Smart Cities. “Hope that TULIP program will bring fresh ideas to urban local bodies, & also help produce a specialized cadre of professionals to run ULBs. We will utilize this as a major step to get our youth to contribute to urbanization.
Apply for Internship Opportunities on TULIP Portal by MHRD
The government through this portal aims to provide internships to at least 25,000 young graduates in local and urban bodies beginning this year. The details of the internship program are as follows:
- Indian citizens can apply for internships, and fresh graduates who have passed the final year up to 18 months ago are eligible.
- The duration of the internship will be 8 weeks to 1 year.
- Details of the positions available will be displayed on the TULIP portal, and applications will strictly be accepted through the same medium.
- Applications will require a recommendation from a competent authority of the concerned academic institution from where the candidate pursued his studies.
- The applicant will also be required to submit a synopsis on urban issued under 1000 words along with his or her application,
- A digitally signed and shareable internship certificate will be provided by MoHUA, State Government, AICTE and the ULB/smart city to candidates who successfully complete their tenure.
- Interns will also be eligible for a stipend.
tulip internship eligible
Open only to Indian citizens.
Not more than 18 months should have passed from the date of declaration of final year results to the date from which the internship is sought.
Students having a degree of B. Tech, B planning, B. Arch, BA, BSc, BCom, LLB can register for internships as per their interest.
Salient Feature of TULIP
Showcase diverse skills
Choose roles to be offered
Decide stipend and logistics
Decide terms of engagement
How to register for Urban Local Bodies under TULIP portal
Click on the “Register” button on the top right corner of the screen.
Click on the “Register” option under “Government Agency” tab displayed on the screen.
Fill the details in the form and upload the logo (ULB/ smart city) and appointment certificate (of concerned authority).
Click on the “Register” tab at the end of the form to complete the registration process on the portal.