the urban learning internship programme|tulip portal|the urban learning internship program|tulip internship
The Centre, on launched an urban learning internship programme TULIP for fresh engineering graduates, who will get an opportunity to work for 4,400 urban local bodies and 100 smart cities in the country.Housing and Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ jointly launched an online portal of The Urban Learning Internship Programme, which will allow applicants internship for up to one year in areas like urban planning, financing, environmental engineering, sanitation and infrastructure.
Housing and Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ jointly launched an online portal of The Urban Learning Internship Programme, which will allow applicants internship for up to one year in areas like urban planning, financing, environmental engineering, sanitation and infrastructure.
urban learning internship programme
urban services in the country were very comprehensive and this programme offered on-ground experience for fresh engineering graduates, asserting that ‘it is a dynamic model”.He said both ULBs and smart cities could utilise the fresh ideas of the young people in improving services and making local bodies effective.Pokhriyal said the government aimed to provide internship to one crore youths in the next five years.
The one-year internship programme has been introduced with an aim to improve the employability of the engineering students in the country designed to provide the engineering students with an exposure to the functioning of the cities.According to the TULIP portal, there are a total of 295,200 internships under 23,970 companies.
Overview of AICTE TULIP Portal Internship 2020 Details
|Department||Ministry of Housing and Urban AffairsMinistry of Human Resource Development|
|Known As||MoHUA & MoHRD|
|Name of Portal||TULIP (The Urban Learning Internship Program)|
|Developed by||AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)|
|Portal Launched Date||04th June 2020|
|Launched by||HRD Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, &MoHUA Minister Hardeep Shing Puri|
|Object||To Provide Internship for Graduate,engineer student|
|Article Category||Tulip Internship Program Registration|
|Registration Process||Online Mode|
|Registration Start from||4th June 2020|
|Official web site||www.aicte-india.org,www.internship.aicte-india.org|
Tulip Internship Portal Objective
- Short-term exposure to fresh graduates to enhance their professionaldevelopment through experiential learning with ULBs and smart cities.
- Harnessing fresh energy and ideas towards ULBs and smart citiesendeavours to solve critical challenges.
tulip internship Eligibility Conditions
- Open only to Indian citizens.
- Students having a degree of B. Tech, B planning, B. Arch, BA, BSc, BCom, LLB can register for internships as per their interest.
- Not more than 18 months should have passed from the date ofdeclaration of final year results to the date from which the internship is sought.
- Interns shall bring laptops/ mobile internet connectivity/ other devices etc. as needed by them.
- The interns shall normally arrange their own boarding/lodging/ transport to and from their place of stay to the place of internship.
- However, the ULB/smart city may reimburse transport/travel expenses incurred by the intern during the course of any assignment, which shall be at the sole discretion of the ULB/smart city.
- The ULB/smart city may, however if they so decide, support the interns, in whatever way they may deem fit, with resources essential for completion of the assignment as per their discretion.
Certificate of Internship
- A digitally signed and shareable certificate regarding successful completion of internship shall be issued jointly by MoHUA, State Government, AICTE and the ULB/smart city.
Urban Learning Internship Program online apply
- Details of internship positions will be made available on the TULIP Portal. Applications for internship will be accepted through the portal only.
- Application must contain a recommendation from the competent authority of the concerned academic institution where the candidate has pursued her/his studies. Applications received without such recommendations will not be entertained.
- Applicant is required to submit a synopsis on urban issues in (not more than 1,000 words) along with his/her application. Synopsis should broadly cover a brief about the applicant’s areas of interest, proposed area of work and objectives for undertaking the internship.