free gas cylinder in up|ujjwala yojana registration:The distribution of Free LPG cylinders under Centre’s flagship Ujjwala Scheme will not carry any religious connotation of being wheeled out only on the occasion of Holi and Diwali, the popular festivals of Hindu community. The UP government has, instead, decided to fix two duration bands January to March and October to December when the sop will be given to over 1.65 crore beneficiaries in the state.The development comes amid the state government’s plan to extend the scheme entailing free ration distribution to nearly 15 crore poor after March.Additional commissioner, food and civil supplies department, Anil Kumar Dubey said that the free gas cylinder distribution scheme has not been linked to any festival of a particular community or religion.
Executing the scheme over a stipulated period will ensure its effective implementation and a wider outreach,” Dubey told TOI on Wednesday. He also confirmed that the free ration scheme is being actively considered for being extended after March.With Holi round the corner and the formation of the state government yet to take place, the scheme may get extended till April or May to start with, sources said.Free distribution of gas cylinders “during Holi and Diwali” was one of the key poll promises the BJP had made in the recently concluded UP elections that saw an emphatic return of Yogi Adityanath government.
UP Free Cylinder Yojana 2022
This Holi is going to be special for many families of Uttar Pradesh! Actually, after winning the UP elections, the Government is planning to give the free gas cylinders under the PM Ujjwala Yojana. The Food and Civil Supplies Department has sent a proposal to the government to give free LPG gas cylinders on Holi.
In fact, the BJP had made a promise before the assembly elections, to give free cylinders on Holi and Diwali to the beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme. There are 1.65 crore beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme in the state. To give away free gas cylinders to these many people govt will have to bear Rs 3000 crores expenditure.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a scheme for providing LPG connections to women from Below Poverty Line (BPL) households. Among the freebies announced by BJP while releasing its poll manifesto a week ago, they had announced two gas cylinders under Ujjwala scheme on Holi and Diwali festivals every year. He said, “counting is on 10th and then comes holi celebration. Bring the BJP government to power in the state, free gas cylinders will be sent to your houses on March 18. No farmers will have to pay electricity bills for the next five years.
Ujjwala Yojana 2022 Free Gas Cylinder Apply Online
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India|
|Scheme Type||Centrally Funded scheme|
|Date of launch||1st May 2016|
|Launched By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Target Beneficiary||Women of BPL Families|
|Objective||To provide Free gas cylinders to the poor women of the country|
|Fund Allocated||Rs.8000 crore|
|Status||Registration closed now|
|Districts Covered till date||715 (+100 more districts to be included in 2021)|
|Registration – Ujjwala||Click Here|
- Adult woman belonging to any of the following categories.
- SC Households
- ST Households
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin)
- Most Backward Classes
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Tea and Ex- Tea Garden tribes
- Forest Dwellers
- People residing in Islands and River Islands
- SECC Households (AHL TIN)
- Poor Household as per 14-point declaration
- Applicant must have attained 18 years of age.
- There should not be any other LPG connections in the same household.
- Know Your Customer(KYC)
- Ration Card issued by the State from which application is being made/ other State Govt. document certifying family composition/ Self-Declaration as per Annexure I (for migrant applicants)
- Aadhaar of beneficiary and adult family members appearing in document at Sl. 2
- Proof of Address – Aadhaar will be taken as Proof of Identity and Proof of Address if the connection is required in the same address. In that case only Aadhaar is sufficient.
- Bank Account Number and IFSC
PM Ujjwala Yojana Eligibility & Selection of Beneficiary
The free LPG connection and benefits under this scheme are provided only to the candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
Check the eligibility required for selection of beneficiary given below-
- An adult woman from a poor (BPL) family without an LPG connection.
- The age of the applicant should be more than 18 years.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The connection will be issued only in the name of the women of the family.
- Applicant families should not be availing the benefit under any other similar scheme.
- Identification of these beneficiaries will be done from SECC 2011 list or BPL households from the following seven categories viz.
UP Free Cylinder Yojana 2022 Apply Online
The Government provided the cylinder agents to families below the poverty line. If you want to take benefit of this scheme.
- Visit the official website – https://pmuy.gov.in/.
- Click on the online application form.
- Fill in the details address, Jandhan Bank Account, and Aadhar number of all members of the household.
- Click on the submit it.