As part of facilitating the ease of doing business initiative and reduce the transaction time and costs, the Centre has come up with Udyam registration for the micro, small and medium enterprises.The Centre’s new portal is expected to give more fillip to the entrepreneurs in the state as majority of the business initiatives in the state come under the category of MSMEs. The ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises has clarified that except the portal no other private online or offline system, service, agency or person is authorized to do MSME registration.
Udyam Enterprise Portal Registration Online
Central government on 26 June 2020 notified new norms to allow Online Registration of New Enterprises based on self-declaration. From 1 July 2020, there is no requirement to upload documents and certificates for Udyam Registration.The Union govt. has integrated Udyam Registration process with the Systems of Income Tax and GST. The filled in enterprise details can be easily verified on the basis of PAN number or GSTIN details.
The latest definition of MSME as per the notification is as follows
|Revised Classification applicable w.e.f 1st July 2020|
|Composite Criteria: Investment in Plant & Machinery/equipment and Annual Turnover|
|Manufacturing Enterprises and Enterprises rendering Services||Investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment:
Not more than Rs.1 crore and Annual Turnover; not more than Rs. 5 crores
|Investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment:
Not more than Rs.10 crore and Annual Turnover; not more than Rs. 50 crores
|Investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment:
Not more than Rs.50 crore and Annual Turnover; not more than Rs. 250 crore
msme registration process Key Highlights
• A registration number will be given after completion of the entire process and Udyam Registration Certificate will be issued.
The Udyam Registration Certificate will have a dynamic QR Code from which the web page on the Portal and details about the enterprise can be accessed. There will be no need for renewal of the registration.
• The PAN & GST linked details on investment and turnover of enterprises will be taken automatically from the respective Government databases.
• The MSME Ministry’s online system will be fully integrated with Income Tax and GSTIN systems.
• The MSMEs that have EM-II or UAM registration or any other registration issued by any authority under the Ministry of MSME, will also have to re-register themselves on the portal.
• No enterprise will be allowed to file more than one Udyam Registration. Any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added under one Registration.
• The government’s facilitated mechanism – single window systems at Champions Control Rooms and DICs will help people in this process.
• The registration process will be completely free of cost, no fees will be required to be paid for the same.
Udyam Registration Benefit
According to the MSME Ministry, the new MSME registration process will be extremely simple, seamless and entrepreneur-friendly. It will also help set an example in Ease of Doing Business, not only in India but internationally as well. It will also reduce transaction time and costs and the entrepreneurs and enterprises will be able to focus on their real work and become globally competitive.
Udyam Registration Online Portal Apply Online
- Firstly visit the official website at https://udyamregistration.gov.in/
- At the homepage, click at the “For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME” tab as shown below:-
- Direct Link – https://udyamregistration.gov.in/UdyamRegistration.aspx
- Upon clicking this link, the Udyam Registration Form For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME will open as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter the aadhaar number and name of the entrepreneur which is required for Udyam Registration.
- An OTP would be sent on registered mobile number in aadhar card. Validate mobile number by entering OTP sent.
- Afterwards, select type of organization, enter PAN number and validate PAN Card and fill in the remaining application form as shown below:-
- Here applicants can fill in the remaining details in this form to complete the Udyam Registration Process for New entrepreneurs.
those already having registration as EM-II or UAM
All existing enterprises registered under EM-Part-II or UAM shall register again on the Udyam Registration Portal on or after 1st July 2020. However, the existing enterprises registered prior to 30th June 2020 shall continue to be valid only for a period upto 31st March 2021.
- Visit the same official website at https://udyamregistration.gov.in/
- At the homepage, click at the “For those already having registration as EM-II or UAM” link.
- Direct Link – https://udyamregistration.gov.in/UdyamRegistrationExist.aspx
- Upon clicking this link, the Udyam Registration Form for existing entrepreneurs who already have registration as EM-II or UAM will appear as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter their Udyog Aadhaar Number and validate OTP on Mobile / E-mail as filled in the application. Accordingly, fill in the remaining application form to complete the apply online process.