who is extending eat out scheme|has the eat out scheme been extended|eat out help out scheme extended|eat out to help out scheme extended|eat out to help out extended
Restaurants are extending their offer of discounted meals in the government’s eat out to help out scheme after it ends on 31 August because of its popularity with diners, although the eateries will have to cover the costs themselves.In September, consumers will be able to take advantage of reduced prices at nationwide chains including Harvester, Toby Carvery, Tesco Café, Bill’s, Pizza Hut and Prezzo.
The scheme has drawn people back into restaurants, bars and cafes, providing a much-needed boost for hospitality businesses hard hit by the coronavirus crisis.Both independent businesses and larger chains are among more than 72,000 establishments to have taken part, including Zizzi, Pizza Express, Nando’s, McDonald’s, and Bill’s.
who is extending eat out scheme
The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) has called on the government to extend the scheme, which started on 3 August and runs to the end of the month, into September.The federation’s chairman Mike Cherry said: “The Eat Out to Help Out scheme has been an overwhelming success in getting people back on their high streets and in their town centres.We now need to see it extended to continue the critical support that it is providing for small firms as we enter a period of economic make or break.
See the full list of restaurants extending the Eat Out To Help Out discount scheme:
- Toby Carvery – The chain has said it will keep the discounts going for 2 weeks after the end of the scheme.
- Harvester – Harvester, with the same owners as Toby Carvery, will also extend its discounts into the first two weeks of September
- Tesco – Tesco café’s will continue to offer 50% off their menus in September – but with no limits and available for take away as well as dine in
- Hall & Woodhouse (H&W) Pubs – H&W, which brews Badger Ales,will run the scheme until Wednesday September 30 across the majority of it’s pubs across the south of England
- Oakman Inns – The chain with 28 pubs across the West Midlands, Home Counties/Southern England told Mirror Money it is extending The Chancellor’s scheme into September too.
- Franco Manca – The pizzeria has said 50% all food & soft drinks discounts will continue for September, launching a launching Rishi11 menu for Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays.
- The Real Greek – The Real Greek told Mirror Money it would also be extending Eat Out to Help Out offers at its 17 restaurants for September – offering 50% off food (up to the value of £10 each) on just their Lunch Menu & their Filoxenia Dinner Menu. The offer doesn’t include soft drinks though.
- Bill’s – The chain confirmed it will extend its Eat Out to Help Out scheme throughout September. Bill’s is also developing a special menu for the deal that offers one course for £10 and two courses for £14.50 when dining from the set menu from midday
- Drake & Morgan – The bar and restaurant chain will be running Eat Out to Help Out style discounts until 30 September for people booking tables
- Signature Pub Group – All 24 bars and restaurants run by the Signature group will offer the discount through September – covering the costs themselves.
- Q Hotels Group – The Q Hotels Group – with 21 venues across the UK – has said that it extend the scheme all the way until 30 November.
- True North Brew Co – The Sheffield operator with 12 branches across the city – including The Blue Stoops and The Punch Bowl – is extending the deal throughout September and waiving the £10 a person cap.
- Qoot co – Qoot Co – which operates London brands including plant based by CHLOE, The Lebanese Bakery and Dominique Ansel Bakery – has announced they will be extending the Eat Out to Help Out scheme until the end of September.
- Sophie’s Steakhouse & Bar – Sophie’s Soho and Sophie’s Chelsea are both extending the Eat Out to Help Out scheme on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in September – oh and adding half price house martinis to the £10 a person discount too.
- Benares – The London chain is extending its Eat Out to Help Out offer throughout September. The deal offers customers £10 a person off food and non-alcoholic drinks for lunch or dinner when ordering from the à la carte or tasting menu every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday until 30th September.
- Cityglen pubs – The chain that runs six pubs in South East London – The Great North Wood, The Brookmill, The Portland Arms, The Great Southern, The Windsor and the Red Lion – decided it would extend the scheme itself. “We are offering 50% off food and soft drinks on the 1st and 2nd of September The maximum discount is £10 per person which here at Cityglen Pub co, we are happy to pay as a gift to say Thank You,” the pub chain said on its blog.
- The Coconut Tree – The Sri Lankan restaurant chain said it will keep be running the deal in September too. Branches in Bristol, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Oxford and Bournemouth are also removing the £10 per person cap, but alcoholic drinks will still be excluded. It’s even continuing its deals in October, but for lunchtime meals only.
- Flesh and Buns – The Izakaya-inspired restaurants London told Mirror Money they would be extend the Eat Out to Help Out offer for September – and adding in discounts on Thursday’s too.
- Shack-Fuyu – The London-based Japanese eatery is also continuing the discounts for September.
- Arabica – the Middle Eastern restaurants in Borough Market and King’s Cross, have confirmed to Mirror Money that they will extend the Eat Out to Help Out offer throughout September
- 56 North – Edinburgh – The discount will keep working throughout September and October at the gin bar, distillery and kitchen throughout. “We are very worried that when August finishes, people will stop dining out as often as they do now, so we’ve decided to take the risk and extend the scheme further, even if it means selling the food at cost price,”
- Smiths Restaurant – Uddingston – Smiths restaurant said it will continue to run the scheme from September 7 to September 30.
- Peru Perdu, Manchester – The South American inspired restaurant will continue to run the offer throughout September.
- Craft Dining Room, Birmingham – Andrew Sheridan’s restaurant will offer the discount on Wednesday and Thursdays in September.