Biofloc tech to boost fish production Odisha|Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme|Odisha Fish Farming Scheme 2020|
disha Government has introduced a new scheme for promoting intensive aquaculture in artificial tanks at very high densities through biofloc technology in the State.The scheme aimed at increasing fish productivity and making the State self-sufficient in fish production by providing livelihood support to unemployed youth besides, extending technical support to interested progressive farmers and entrepreneurs of the State.
Biofloc based farming is a new technology for promotion of intensive fish/shrimp production in a limited area without significantly increasing the usage of the basic natural resources of water and land.A perswon having land holding as small as 150-200 sq metre with either municipal piped water supply or bore well water supply can start fish farming with minimal investment. Fisheries and Animal Resources department has finalised the modalities.
The scheme will help fish farmers and young entrepreneurs in a great way. The new and emerging biofloc technology will provide an accelerated boost to the fish production and encourage small land holders to take up fish farming,” said an official. The technology will help for growing freshwater fish species such as genetically improved farmed Tilapia, Magur, Pangasius, Anabas and Common Carp.
Odisha Fish Farming Scheme 2021
- 1 Odisha Fish Farming Scheme 2021
- 2 Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme 2020 Application Form PDF Download
The state govt. of Odisha has started a new scheme namely “Promotion of Intensive Aquaculture through Introduction of Bio-floc Technology during the year 2020-21”. This scheme will promote high-yielding intensive fish farming in small area using Biofloc Technology. This Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme will also encourage farmers, entrepreneurs and unemployed youth in to income generation through small-scale Bio-floc farming system.
Highlights of the Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
|Scheme Name||Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme|
|Launched By||Ministry of Fisheries and Animal Resources Development|
|Objective||Enhancing aquaculture with advanced technology|
|Category||Odisha Govt. Schemes|
Documents Required Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
Here is the complete list of documents required to apply for Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme in Odisha:-
- Aadhaar Card as Identification Proof.
- Photocopy of Land Document.
- If Bank Loan is already taken, then consent letter from Bank.
- Bank Account No. with A/C IFS Code for DBT (Photocopy)
Eligibility Criteria Biofloc tech to boost fish production Odisha
Only those applicants who fulfils the above mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for Odisha Bio-Floc Technology Fish Farming Scheme:-
- Interested Fresh water Fish and brackish water shrimp farmers (grow-out tanks, nursery and seed tanks); fish and shrimp hatchery operators; private entrepreneurs are eligible to get financial assistance under this State Plan Scheme.
- Priority will be given to unemployed educated youths.
- Since Bio-floc farming involves advance technology, the beneficiary has to undergo specialized training on Bio-floc before operation of the unit.
- The support will be in the form of back ended assistance for installation of Bio-floc system inside a shed with PVC/ tarpaulin tanks, water supply, drainage and aeration units.
- The eligible brackish water shrimp farms/ nursery and seed tanks/ hatchery beneficiaries must have concerned license from Coastal Aquaculture Authority.
Subsidy for Bio-Floc Technology for Shrimp and Fish Farming
|Unit cost for Bio-floc Technology for Shrimp and Fish Farming||Total Cost|
|2 Tanks as one unit||Rs. 1.5 lakh|
|4 tanks as one unit||Rs. 3 lakh|
|6 tanks as one unit||Rs. 4 lakh|
Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme 2020 Application Form PDF Download
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the Odisha Fisheries and Animal Resources Development Department. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Schemes” tab in the menu and you have to click on the link “Fisheries Schemes” in the drop-down menu.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you, here you can click on the “View” link in front of the “Promotion of Intensive Aquaculture through Introduction of Bio-floc Technology during the year 2020-21” under the ” Brief Description of the Scheme” section.
- Odisha Biofloc Tech Fisheries Scheme PDF containing the detailed information of the scheme will open Direct link – Promotion-of-Intensive-Aquaculture-through-Introduction-of-Bio-floc-Technology-during-the-year-2020-21
- On the 6th page of this PDF file you have the Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme 2020 application form. This PDF file is marked as “Annex 1“.
- Interested applicants should download this application form PDF and enter all the required details correctly. Here applicants have to fill name, farm / hatchery name, address, CAA license no, saltwater farm / shrimp hatchery, mobile no, age, educational qualification, whether employed or unemployed, Aadhaar card, bank details etc.