digilocker sign up|digilocker download|DigiLocker download APK:After allowing auto update of address in driving licences stored in the DigiLocker, the UIDAI and government departments are set to allow for changes to other documents, such as PAN, once a user revises address in Aadhaar.The mechanism worked out by Unique Identification Authority of India and the transport ministry, currently allows those with their licences in the DigiLocker to get the address updated through a consent once they put the new address in Aadhaar.
Next up is PAN for which UIDAI is coordinating with the income tax department with some of the technical issues being thrashed out by the two agencies.As of now, you can store multiple documents on the DigiLocker, including your vehicle registration papers, PAN, insurance policies, university and school board certificates as well as some of your health details.Currently, a change in your address results in running around to multiple agencies such as banks and the tax portal. Updating your address in the driving licence itself requires a visit to the transport office after filling up the form online through a centralised portal.
What is Digilocker App?
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has released an Indian Digitization Online Service with the Digilocker app. It provides a cloud account to a user that holds an Aadhar card. This cloud account can be used to access legal documents such as driving license, vehicle registration, academic mark sheet, and more in digital format from the original issuers of these certificates. The account holder will have 1GB of cloud space to upload all types of scanned copies of legal documents in this application.
The beta version of this application was released in the July of 2015, by the honorary Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The initial cloud space that was available for users was 100 MB and was later increased. The file size for an individual file could not exceed 10 MB.
The move is meant to do away with the requirement for subscribers to visit multiple offices to update their address. “We have been working on this for several months as part of our efforts to use Aadhaar for ease of living. The government is looking at how Aadhaar can simplify the interface with government departments and public utilities,” said an official.
Since the use of Aadhaar is mandated only for a limited set of purposes, the unique ID remains voluntary for most services and requires a subscriber’s consent on DigiLocker. In recent months, UIDAI has been working with banks and non-banking finance companies as well as other entities to assist their customers in getting quicker services.
Most Popular Documents at Digilocker Portal
- Aadhar Card
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Vehicle Registration
- Driving Licence
- SSC Marksheet
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Ration Card
- Residence Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
Digilocker Portal Registration/ Login Process
- Firstly visit the official website at https://www.digilocker.gov.in/dashboard
- At the homepage, click at the “Sign Up” link present in the main menu
- Direct Link for Digilocker Sign Up – https://accounts.digilocker.gov.in/signup/
- Upon clicking the link, the Digilocker Registration Form will appear
- Here applicants can enter name, date of birth, select gender, enter mobile number, 6 digit security PIN, email ID, aadhaar number and click at “Submit” button to complete Digilocker Registration process.
- Afterwards, candidates can make “Sign In” by clicking at the link – https://accounts.digilocker.gov.in/ to open the Digilocker Login page
- Here applicants can enter aadhaar / mobile number, 6 digit security PIN and click at “Sign In” button.
- After logging in, applicants can check issued documents, browse documents, my profile, drive, activities
DigiLocker App Download
- Firstly, the user needs to download the Digilocker application, they can do that from the Android Playstore or use the Apple App store to download the applications on their smartphones. They can also visit their website to download the application for their PCs.
- Then the users need to sign in to the application. This can be done by entering the Aadhar number in the required field, the users will get an OTP to the Aadhar registered mobile number that they need to use. This will create an ID for the user in the Digilocker app.
- Users can now access their e-documents that have been uploaded by an Organization. They can also use the upload feature to upload any of their own legal documents and also e-sign them.
- If the users need to share any of these documents with officials, they can use the share feature and send a link of the document.
How do I register for DigiLocker?
Visit the official website for Digi locker and click on Sign up button.
Enter your mobile number and click on the continue button.
You then need to enter the OTP sent on your phone and hit the verify button.
Once verified you can enter username and password.
How can I get DigiLocker for free?
Visit the registration portal of DigiLocker.
How to Register for DigiLocker
An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
Enter this OTP to set up your DigiLocker account.
You will be successfully able to Login to your DigiLocker account
How do I find my DigiLocker ID?
ust log in using your Mobile number or Aadhaar followed by OTP. Follow the below steps to get user name. Click on Sign In.
Otherwise, click on “Forget Username”.
Select “Non Aadhaar User”.
Enter Mobile number.
Click on “Verify” to get your user name.
Is DigiLocker a Government app?
DigiLocker is an Indian digitization online service provided by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India under its Digital India initiative.