yellow alert in delhi|gym closed in delhi|delhi yellow alert
Delhi Yellow Alert: Delhi COVID-19 new “Level 1” safety guidelines: Cinema halls will be open on odd-even dates and gyms will be closed, among other strict measures.The Delhi government has released a new order on stricter COVID-19 safety guidelines as cases continue to rise in the national capital amid the Omicron strain threat. The “Level 1” or “Yellow Alert” guidelines say cinema halls will be open on odd-even dates and gyms will be closed, while night curfew remains in force.
Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government on Tuesday announced to impose a ‘yellow alert’ under the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) in the national capital with immediate effect in view of the surge in a number of Covid-19’s delta and Omicron variant cases. The yellow alert entails restrictions like night curfew, closure of schools and colleges, the opening of non-essential shops based on an odd-even basis, halved seating capacity in Metro trains and buses among others.
Delhi Yellow Alert
The ‘Yellow’ (Level-1) alert is to be sounded when the positivity rate crosses 0.5 per cent or new Covid-19 cases increase to 1,500 or oxygenated bed occupancy reaches 500. The corresponding response will involve allowing construction, manufacturing activities and the opening of shops and establishments of essential goods. However, shops and establishments of non-essential goods and services, and malls will open based on odd-even formula, from 10 AM to 8 PM.
Only one weekly market per zone with 50 per cent vendors will be allowed to open, the draft plan stated. The next level of alert coded with ‘Amber’ colour (L-2) will come into force if the positivity rate rises above one per cent or new cases number 3,500 or oxygenated bed occupancy reaching 700. ‘Amber’ alert will invoke the same responses as ‘Yellow’ one except that malls and shops of non-essential goods and services will be allowed to open from 10 AM to 6 PM.
What’s Open Under GRAP Level – I (Yellow Alert)
- Delhi Metro at 50% capacity.
- Restaurants and bars to operate at 50% capacity
What’s Closed Under GRAP Level – I (Yellow Alert)
- Cinema halls
- Banquet halls
- Sports complexes
Delhi Yellow Alert Guidelines Complete List Of New Restrictions
• The DDMA has ordered closure of schools, colleges, cinemas and gyms with immediate effect and put various restrictions on the functioning of shops and public transport.
• Shops and establishments of non-essential goods and services and malls will open based on odd-even formula from 10 AM to 8 PM.
• The timing of night curfew imposed from Monday night has also been extended by an hour and it will now begin at 10 pm. The night curfew from 10 pm to 5 am will remain in force till further orders.
• Marriages and funerals will be allowed attendance of 20 persons while all other types of gathering related to social, political, cultural, religious and festival events will be prohibited.
• The Delhi Metro will run at 50 per cent of its seating capacity while auto-rickshaws and cabs can ferry up to two passengers. Busses too will ply at 50 per cent of capacity with exempted category passengers.
Only one weekly market per zone with 50 per cent vendors will be allowed to open.
• Restaurants will be permitted with 50 per cent capacity from 8 am to 10 pm while bars can also operate with the same capacity, but from 12 noon to 10 pm.
• Private offices can function with up to 50 per cent of the staff.
• Religious places will open but visitors will not be allowed.
• Parks and gardens can open.