ayushman bharat in telangana|how to apply ayushman bharat in telangana|Ayushman Bharat Hospital list in Telangana
In the wake of Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao’s decision that Telangana State join the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) scheme, the State government signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Health Authority. The State Health department has finalised the modalities for implementing the scheme in the State.
Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on Tuesday directed the Health department officials to provide all the government medical services in the State as per the new rules and regulations under the Aayushman Bharat programme. Accordingly, Secretary for Health and Family Welfare SAM Rizvi issued necessary orders to the CEO of the Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust, to ensure the treatment of patients in empanelled hospitals across the State as per the converged scheme of Ayushmaan Bharat-PMJAY-Aarogyasri with immediate effect.
Telangana Ayushman Bharat Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Ayushman Bharat Yojana – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)|
|in Language||आयुष्मान भारत योजना – आयुष्मान भारत प्रधानमंत्री जन आरोग्य योजना
|Department||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
|Governing Body||National Health Authority Government of India
|Launched by||Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||Citizen of India|
|Type of Scheme||Universal Health Coverage (UHC)|
|Major Benefit||Health Insurance of Rs. 5 Lakh to all families covered in PM-JAY|
|Scheme Objective||Health Insurance of Needy People|
|Scheme under||State Government|
how to apply ayushman bharat in telangana
The development comes as relief to the poor who are made to spend exorbitant amounts for availing of treatment for COVID-19 at corporate hospitals. The NHA announced last month that testing and treatment for COVID-19 was made available free of cost for Ayushman Bharat beneficiaries at private laboratories and empanelled hospitals. With convergence of Ayushman Bharat and Arogyasri, the State government could now ensure treatment of COVID-19 patients through the joint initiative.
After initial reluctance over the scope of coverage under the Ayushman Bharat scheme, Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has decided to join the Central scheme subsequently. He directed the officials concerned to ensure extending medical services in line with the guidelines drafted for the scheme and orders were issued accordingly.
Required Document to Apply Online
- Aadhar Card
- Of all family members
- Ration card
- mobile number
- address proof
For Rural Area
✔ Only one room with kucha walls and kucha roof.
✔ No adult member between ages 16 to 59.
✔ Households with no adult male member between ages 16 to 59.
✔ Disabled member and no able-bodied adult member.
✔ SC/ST households.
✔ Landless households deriving a major part of their income from manual casual labour.
For Urban Area
✔ In urban areas, the following 11 occupational categories of workers are eligible for the scheme.
✔ Domestic worker.
✔ Street vendor/ Cobbler/hawker / other service provider working on streets.
✔ Construction worker/ Plumber/ Mason/ Labour/ Painter/ Welder/ Security guard/ Coolie and other head-load worker.
✔ Sweeper/ Sanitation worker/ Mali.
✔ Home-based worker/ Artisan/ Handicrafts worker/ Tailor.
✔ Transport worker/ Driver/ Conductor/ Helper to drivers and conductors/ Cart puller/ Rickshaw puller.
✔ Shop worker/ Assistant/ Peon in small establishment/ Helper/Delivery assistant / Attendant/ Waiter.
✔ Electrician/ Mechanic/ Assembler/ Repair worker.
✔ Washer-man/ Chowkidar.
- Medical examination, treatment and consultation
- Medicine and medical consumables
- Non-intensive and intensive care services
- Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
- Medical implantation services (where necessary)
- Accommodation benefits
- Food services
- Complications arising during treatment
- Post-hospitalization follow-up care up to 15 days
- Under the Prime Minister Ayushman Yojana, up to 5 lakh health insurance is being provided to poor families.
Key Features of Scheme
- PM-JAY is the world’s largest health insurance/ assurance scheme fully financed by the government.
- It provides a cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
- Over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable entitled families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) are eligible for these benefits.
- PM-JAY provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital.
- PM-JAY envisions to help mitigate catastrophic expenditure on medical treatment which pushes nearly 6 crore Indians into poverty each year.
- It covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses such as diagnostics and medicines.
- There is no restriction on the family size, age or gender.
- All pre–existing conditions are covered from day one.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country i.e. a beneficiary can visit any empanelled public or private hospital in India to avail cashless treatment.
- Services include approximately 1,393 procedures covering all the costs related to treatment, including but not limited to drugs, supplies, diagnostic services, physician’s fees, room charges, surgeon charges, OT and ICU charges etc.
- Public hospitals are reimbursed for the healthcare services at par with the private hospitals.
Telangana Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration
- Generate a patient verification card for your beneficiaries. For card generation, the patient is directed to the PMJAY kiosk.
- Inform yourselves about all the valid charges and payments associated with the PMJAY Scheme.
- Confirm any prevailing sickness or diseases from the provided doctors.
- Obtain a medical treatment or a prescription of medication from the doctors in the case of any severity. If hospitalization is recommended, avail medical facility from Empanelled Healthcare Providers (EHCP) or Public Hospitals.
- After the completion of treatments, receive a discharge certificate/bills/invoices from the hospital.
Submission of essential documents plays a vital role. Providing all the necessary paperwork quickens the procedure. Here’s a closer look at all the required documents for availing the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
What Documents Are Required for Ayushman Bharat Registration
- Age proof
- A valid age proof is required to opt for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- Provide your identification proof like PAN card or Aadhar Card.
Submit your current contact details like your mobile number, email ID, residential address. Contact details should be mentioned accurately as it is the sole source of contacting the policyholder.
One must submit two different certificates while opting for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The required certificates are as follows:
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Family Structure
During the Ayushman Bharat registration and application process, one must specify their family structure. For instance, an individual must mention whether he lives in a nuclear family or a joint family.How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana?