70-30 Reservation in Maharashtra|No 70:30 quota in Mumbai colleges

maharashtra सरकारी योजनाएं

70 30 reservation in maharashtra|Maharashtra 70-30 Reservation|maharashtra 70 30 reservation

In what has come as a major relief to students, the Maharashtra government on  announced that it would not implement the 70:30 formula for college admissions this academic year.The formula, announced by the state school education department on July 4, had made it compulsory for colleges to reserve 70 per cent of their seats for students from their districts. Mumbai has two districts — south Mumbai and the suburbs.

For admission in medical colleges of Maharashtra, a candidate must know about the participating colleges. They must also know about the number of candidates a college can take in for a particular batch of MBBS. By knowing the number of seats a candidate can shortlist the colleges as his/her preferences for admission.

Maharashtra 70-30 Reservation

For any candidate, the reservation offered by the state is quite important in order to select the college of his/her choice. The 85% of Maharashtra state seats are State quota seats and the rest 15% belongs to All India Seats. The state quota (85%) of Maharashtra is divided into 30% State and 70% Regional Quota which is further divided into women quota and constitutional quota. Maharashtra state has divided the seats into three regions – Vidarbha, Marathwada and Rest of Maharashtra.

The 70% of the seats in each region is reserved for candidates of that particular region. The remaining 30% is for aspirants belonging to any region of the state. If any candidate has studied class 10th and 12th then he/she can become a part of 70% regional seats. Hence all the colleges will have 70% of seats for regional candidates and 30% seats are reserved for candidates who are not from that particular region.

maharashtra 70 30 reservation

Keeping aside the All-India quota of 15%, 70% of the seats in colleges in each region out of remaining total 85% state quota seats are reserved for candidates from the respective region, while the remaining 15% are kept aside for students from other regions.

The lack of seat strength in Marathwada’s medical colleges as compared to the other two regions has led to the students and parents go up in arms against the 70-30 quota formula for medical college admission.

No 70:30 quota in Mumbai colleges

Categories Reservation in Government Colleges Reservation in Private Unaided Institutions/Colleges
SC and ST converts to Buddhism 13% 6.50%
ST 7%% 3.50%
Nomadic Jati (VJ) DT-A 3% 1.50%
Nomadic Tribes (NT-1) NT-B 2.50% 1.25%
Nomadic Tribes (NT-2) NT-C 3.50% 1.75%
Nomadic Tribes (NT-3) NT-D 2% 1.00%
OBC including Special Backward Class (SBC) 19% 9.5%
Person with Disability 5%* 5%*
Female Candidates 30%* 30%*
Total 50% 25%

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *